Is Irish an official language in Britain? – Five arguments in favour of thesauri
The article ‘Five arguments in favour of thesauri & controlled vocabularies‘ shall not only clarify if Irish is an official language in Britain but also how thesauri and linked data mechanisms can support the following tasks:
- Make knowledge explicit and available throughout your department, your organization, your partner network, the whole world!
- Conquer the Babylonian language confusion!
- Help to make search and research activities more efficient!
- Link all your information sources in a meaningful and standardized way!
- Make skills, interests and knowledge of experts visible!
The paper (PDF) should help to make the world of thesauri and semantic knowledge models accessible intuitively.