rNews meets Wiener Schnitzel
IPTC (International Press Telecommunications Council) has developed rNews, a set of specifications and best practices for using RDFa to embed news-specific metadata into HTML documents. Just recently the initiative received new momentum when schema.org announced that it has added support for rNews (see press release from Sep. 27, 2011).
Alltogether this is another very important building block for an even broader adoption of the semantic web – and the Semantic Web Company is proud of being able to welcome some of the proponents of rNews in Vienna.
- Evan Sandhaus, IPTC Delegate and Lead Architect For Semantic Platforms at The New York Times Company
- Andreas Gebhard, Member of the Board of Directors of the IPTC and a Managing Editor at Getty Images
- Stuart Myles, Lead of the Semantic Web Working Group of the IPTC and Deputy Director of Schema Standards at The Associated Press
- Marco Neumann, Lotico
We will report about the talks on “the day after” but we are sure that this meetup will bring a lot of light into the ongoing discussion why media and press companies finally should start to adopt semantic web standards.
- Impressions on the Schema.org Workshop (w3.org)
- The Semantic Web Media Summit (theconferencecircuit.com)
- New W3C Community Groups in the Semantic Web World (w3.org)