- Mar 20, 2009
Semantic Web Awareness Barometer 2008 – Preliminary Results
First results from our last online survey “Semantic Web Awareness Barometer” are now available. We conducted the survey togetehr with the Corporate Semantic Web Initiative from the FU Berlin and the Know Center in Graz. We got 256 valid cases (from 561 responses) which reveal some intertesting results concerning the experience , expectations and readiness for Social Software and the Semantic Web. In short:
1. Wikis are king! Social Bookmarking stays behind.
2. Differring applications & usage patterns of social software
3. Differring notions about the benefits of and barriers to Social Software
1. Semantic Web is something familiar!
2. Application-oriented catch up – but where are the young academics?
3. „I taught myself about the Semantic Web.“
4. Semantic Web has a corporate relevance!: Search – the killer app! Integration costs & data control might be important aspects.
5. Differring notions about the barriers?
6. Competencies and collaboration will change …
7. Time to market 2 – 5 years!
8. No differences in region, IT competence & familiarity
RT @PoolParty_Team: Want to know how to build knowledge graphs for enterprise applications? Industry leaders... Read More
RT @PoolParty_Team: Join us at Responsible Business Europe 2023 🌱 The @PoolParty_Team is passionate about #Environmental... Read More
RT @PoolParty_Team: ESG meets Knowledge Graphs 🤝 Join this webinar for an intro to the #ESG... Read More