ADMS implemented in PoolParty Thesaurus Manager (PPT) 3.1.0 Release
ADMS – the Asset Description Metadata Schema of the European Commission Joinup Initiative, is a metadata vocabulary to describe semantic interoperability assets.
The Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS) is a common way to describe semantic interoperability assets making it possible for everyone to search and discover them once shared through the forthcoming federation of asset repositories.
- keep their own system for documenting and storing semantic assets;
- improve indexing and visibility of their own assets;
- describe semantic assets in a common way so that they can be seamlessly cross-queried and discovered by the community through a single access point (Joinup);
- retrieve, compare and potentially link semantic assets to one another in cross-border and cross-sector settings;
- identify assets to be reused avoiding duplication and expensive design work.
Outreach of ADMS
ADMS is the first step towards a federation of european assets repositories. From mid 2012, Joinup will make available a large number of semantic interoperability assets, described using ADMS, through a federation of asset repositories of Member States, standardisation bodies and other relevant stakeholders. Through this federation, semantic interoperability assets will become retrievable and available via a single point of access.