PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and contribute as a Java software engineer to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) supports over 180 organizations, including over 50 Forbes Global 2000 companies, in the development of semantic AI solutions based on knowledge graphs. The Vienna-based company has been a pioneer in the field of the Semantic Web for over 15 years and has subsidiaries in the USA, France and in the UK.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation, and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work together with great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking, and most of all an open-minded team player, then SWC might be a great fit for you.
- Determine the needs of our PoolParty users
- Research, write, edit and proofread complex technical descriptions that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use
- Create, maintain and update our information architecture which consists of installation guides, manuals, procedures, training materials, release notes, specifications, and other technical documents
- Edit the draft prepared by other writers or team members
- Maintain our Help Authoring Tool (HAT), Paligo
- Create and incorporate animations, graphs, illustrations, or screenshots to increase the user’s understanding of the material
- Select appropriate media, whether it is written or animated (videos), for a different message or audience
- Study our products and communicate with the product designer, the product manager and the developers to understand PoolParty and its technical details
- Advise technical staff to make products and instructions easier to use
- Collect user feedback from customers, designers, and partners
- Proven work experience in a similar role in the IT industry (preferable B2B Software)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, for example in Communications, English, or Information Technology
- Knowledge of documentation specific topics such as versioning, release processes, product extension
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Native or similar English language knowledge
- Experience using a Help Authoring Tool
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira, to organise work
- General strong technical understanding
- Ability to explain concepts clearly
- Very structured and can pay attention to detail
- Self-driven to learn and try out new product features
- Overall teamwork spirit
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial, and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
According to the collective agreement, minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 36,000.00 p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
This position is a part-time position with up to 20h a week.
We would love to have you in our team!