Software Quality Engineer
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
This role is to ensure a reliable product in regards to functionality, stability, performance and security.
This is achieved by taking care of quality aspects during the development phase of the product as well as constantly controlling existing functionality and performance meet the accepted quality criteria.
The goal of the work of a Software Quality Engineer, is the customer happiness.
Be an integral part of the agile development workflow and an advocate for testing and code quality within the development teams you work with, from standups to sprint planning, to backlog refinement and long-term planning.
Main responsibilities are consisted of:
- Define test cases based on acceptance criteria
- Maintenance and extension of existing test automation: writing test script code
- Validate functionality and performance of existing functionality: Regression Testing
- Formulate error reports in case the system does not work as expected
Currently actively used technology stack in our team:
- REST Assured
- Tricentis Tosca
- 2+ years of experience as a software tester and test automation engineer
- Experience in at least one of the fields needed:
- Restful API test automation (Postman, JMeter..)
- UI focused test automation (Selenium, Tosca..)
- Fluent in English
- Problem understanding skills
- Technical communication skills: explain and report a technical problem in an understandable way
- Basic knowledge of Java (programming language)
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 42,000.00 p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!