Senior Technical Writer (m/f/d)
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) has headquarters in Vienna, Austria in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join a passionate team of marketers, developers, researchers, and product managers in our office in Vienna, Austria.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is the proud owner of the leading Semantic AI platform, the PoolParty Semantic Suite, which is widely used by organisations around the globe to harness enterprise knowledge and build intelligent applications.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for producing high-quality product documentation that educates and guides our global community of customers, partners and other stakeholders. They maintain the entire scope of PoolParty’s documentation from content creation in the Help Authoring Tool to publishing it online. Operating from the Marketing team, the Senior Technical Writer leads the planning for the documentation alongside their fellow Technical Writer, and facilitates the communication with other relevant departments such as Product Management/Development, Testing, and Professional Services.
- Research, write, edit, and proofread complex technical descriptions that meet SWC writing standards
- Create and incorporate gifs, graphs, illustrations, or screenshots to increase the user’s understanding of the material
- Plan and complete large content initiatives, such as section reviews and revamps
- Create, maintain and update our information architecture that consists of the installation guide, end user documentation, procedures, training materials, release notes, specifications, and other technical documents
- Manage our Help Authoring Tool, Paligo, with respect to general maintenance and enhancements for the internal editorial process and external user experience
- Lead projects when pairing with other technical writers and plan new cross-functional efforts, managing internal stakeholder relationships to represent documentation team needs
- Coordinate the UI localization process and other outsourcing projects (as needed)
- Collect user feedback from customers, designers, and partners
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, for example in Communications, English, or Information Technology
- 3 years experience in a similar role in the IT industry (preferable B2B Software)
- Knowledge of documentation specific topics such as versioning, release processes, product extension
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Native or near native English language knowledge, German is a plus
- Experience using a Help Authoring Tool
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira, to organise work
What We Offer:
- A friendly and professional working environment in a rapidly-expanding tech and AI company
- An attractive office with a library, small gym, showers, and relaxation zone that is based in the heart of Vienna, Austria (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’). Located on the popular Mariahilferstrasse, our office is easy to reach with public transportation and is busy with shopping and food options
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complimentary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- An international workspace where more than 65% of colleagues come from across the globe. English is the main working language in the company.
- Frequent company-wide social activities (at least once per quarter, including software release parties, dinners, travel to Austrian cities), and additional team building activities throughout the year
- Employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: paid internal & external trainings on an individual and team level, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year, and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week and flexible working hours
The yearly gross salary offered is EUR 44.000 p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills, and prior work experience. This position is a full-time position with 38.5 hours per week.
We would love to have you on our team!