Senior Technical Consultant – Knowledge Graph Technologies (m/f/d)
PoolParty Semantic Suite is our well-renowned flag product, which lies at the very core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute your talent to the pioneering, leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organisations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, ethics, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability lie are pivotal to our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great, wholesome people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in cutting-edge technologies like Semantics, hard-working and most of all an open-minded team player, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
About our department:
You will be joining the Professional Services department at SWC. The Professional Services department is the central unit of SWC, connecting other business units in order to smoothly facilitate the sales and delivery of our software products and solutions to customers. You will be working with a large group of colleagues with technical and non-technical backgrounds, ranging from knowledge engineering, requirements engineering to data engineering, software engineering or system engineering. These Customer Success Teams are at the forefront of the provision of professional services to customers as well as project-specific consulting/support and product development. Your team will work directly with key-customers and will support the sales department on presales activities to turn prospects to customers, as well as the system operations department in the long-term provisioning of the contracted services and also the marketing department in order to help strengthen and further spearhead our position on the global market. This ideal scenario may well bring forth plenty of opportunities for you to further develop your career.
- Analyse, validate and understand business challenges and issues faced by the customer
- Design business and technical solutions based on the specific business and technical requirements of the customer
- Define and implement solution prototypes and pilots, then manage those pilot projects from inception to completion
- Collaborate with sales engineers and data and knowledge engineers to facilitate the sales process as well as customer acquisition, onboarding and enablement
- Run internal and external meetings and workshops to collect input, discuss requirements, report progress made and present outcomes
- Develop knowledge graphs and data processing workflows based on our product family
- Support customers on the delivery, deployment and application of the solutions
- Contribute to answering internal and external technical-related inquiries as well as to product development and research activities
- At least Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science or Information Science
- 5 years of industry experience with responsibilities in at least one of the following areas: technical consulting, solution engineering, data engineering
- 2 years’ experience in solution development and system architecture design based on the Semantic Web technology stack
- A sound technical background around software development, database, software and system architecture
- Knowledge and experience in requirements engineering, ability to interpret business problems into technical requirements
- Know-how and experience with data modelling and data engineering
- Strong troubleshooting / problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively and simultaneously manage work from multiple projects
- An inquiring mind, intense curiosity, interdisciplinary awareness as well as a strong desire to innovate in/contribute to the areas of Semantic Web, Linked Data and Knowledge Graph Systems
- Experience in knowledge management, text mining and natural language processing (NLP) as well as in agile process frameworks like Kanban and Scrum is an advantage
- Project management experience is desirable
- Excellent skills in both written and spoken English
- Written and spoken German is an advantage
- Fluency in other languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, etc.) is an advantage
- Able to work at our office in Vienna, Austria or our office in Ulm, Germany is an advantage
- Able to travel occasionally in US and Europe, if required
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation area, centrally located in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting and challenging but rewarding, stimulating and vibrant position in an agile, dynamic, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of people where more than 65% are of international background and English is the main working language
- Opportunity to work in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities, both at an individual and team level
- A streamlined employee journey that intrinsically boosts your professional growth through internal & external training, hands-on experience, “radical experimentation days” 3 times a year and much more
- An excellent work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time equivalent) is EUR 55,000 p.a. – overpayment possible depending on education, skills and work experience.
We look forward to receiving your application and having you in our team!