Senior Frontend Developer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer (m/f/d) to join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and to contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) has headquarters in Vienna, Austria in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
- Refine, design and implement PoolParty product features with the scrum team
- Responsible for ensuring maintainable and scalable code for robustness and reliability
- Write and maintain unit tests so that quality is maintained and adhered to functional requirements
- Peer-reviewing code from team members
- Participate in Product Backlog Refinement sessions to formulate user stories by clarifying the technical details
- Mentoring developers and guiding them towards best development practices
- Develops demos, prototypes and PoCs (if needed)
Preferred qualifications for the Senior Frontend Developer:
- University degree in computer science OR adequate working experience as a Frontend Engineer
- 3 years+ of work experience as a Frontend Engineer
- Good knowledge of React
- Understanding and knowledge about Web Security, Testing Web Applications (Unit tests, E2E tests)
- Experience working with scrum methodologies is an advantage (but no a prerequisite)
- Passion to write clean code
- Passion for UI-UX, graphic / interaction design is a plus
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
For the Senior Frontend Developer the minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 53.000– p.a. – overpayment depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!