We are looking for a Researcher (m/f/d) to join our passionate team of consultants, researchers, marketers, and product managers in Vienna, Austria. At Semantic Web Company (SWC) you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds and talents.
SWC is a leading provider of graph-based knowledge technologies. Its flagship product, the PoolParty Semantic Suiteis the most complete semantic middleware on the market comprising taxonomy, auto classification, text mining, semantic search, recommender systems, and knowledge graph solutions. SWC supports over 180 organizations, including over 50 Forbes Global 2000 companies, and has been a pioneer in the field of Semantic AI for over 15 years.
If you are interested in technology and working in a close-knit, dynamic environment, SWC might be the right fit for you.
Semantic Web Company welcomes applicants of all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, disability, and other statuses. Our company culture as well as policies enforced by our active DEI Group work towards ensuring we have an inclusive workplace.
About the Role
We are looking for a researcher ready to embark in method development, prototype creation and testing of new technologies, as well as to collaborate in National and European projects. The successful researcher helps the company to
- Research in funded projects and collaborate in these projects.
- Develop new functionalities for the company’s software.
- Establish SWC in research communities and guaranteeing soundness and relatedness of results with the help of publishing and giving talks at top conferences in the field.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Implementing prototypes and proofs of concept (PoCs), using NoSQL databases, graph algorithms, NLP tools, in particular LLMs, among others.
- Work in national, european and international applied research projects (FFG, Horizon Europe, Eureka) including
- active participation in meetings (mainly in the EU);
- proposal development from a research perspective;
- project planning.
- Design and implement complex, multi-service, and often distributed systems dealing with text, linked data, and other data types.
- Report on project activities, support dissemination of project results inside and outside of the company.
- Preparing and submitting papers to the top conferences in the field.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Documented Research Experience.
- Master’s or PhD degree, in Computer Science or related fields.
- Understanding of modern system architectures: Web services, REST APIs, microservices, message brokers
- Solid understanding of AI and ML
- Experience with high level programming languages (Python, Rust, Java, etc.)
- Proven track record of working with language models
Other qualifications and experiences (nice to have):
- Experience deploying and augmenting the architecture of LLMs
- Familiarity with AI cloud platforms
- Understanding of technologies like triplestores (e.g GraphDB), SPARQL,, SHACL
- Experience with RDF frameworks for programming languages (RDF4J, RDFLib, etc.)
- Familiarity with the dockerization process and Docker environment
- Knowledge about designing and building distributed and scalable systems on Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience in the field of Semantic Web / Linked Data.
- Involvement in professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source control, and testing
What We Offer:
- Innovative projects on the frontier of European research, revolving around Semantic Web and related fields (AI, IoT, NLP, etc.)
- Training opportunities, conference trips, talks at conferences, workshops, meetups, internal events
- The opportunity to create innovative information technologies
- A collegial, international and highly diverse working environment with flat hierarchies in an attractive office
- Company with a growth rate of over 20% p.a and serving many global 500 companies as customers
- Well-paid and challenging position with interesting development opportunities
- A friendly and professional working environment in a rapidly-expanding tech and AI company
- An attractive office with a library, small gym, showers, and relaxation zone that is based in the heart of Vienna, Austria (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’). Located on the popular Mariahilfer Strasse, our office is easy to reach with public transportation and is busy with shopping and food options
- An international workspace where more than 65% of colleagues come from across the globe. English is the main working language in the company
- Invitation to company-sponsored social activities and additional team building activities throughout the year
- Career development path, through paid internal & external trainings on an individual and team level, hands-on experience, time for innovation, and much more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week and flexible working hours
- And of course, we offer free tea, coffee, fruit, and snacks
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 56.000,– p.a. – an overpayment is possible, depending on education, skills, and work experience.
We would love to have you on our team!
Semantic Web Company welcomes applicants of all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, disability, and other statuses. Our company culture as well as policies enforced by our active DEI Group work towards ensuring an inclusive workplace.