DevOps Engineer (m/f)
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, consultants and contribute as a DevOps Engineer to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Linked Data technologies. SWC's renowned PoolParty Semantic Suite software platform is used in large enterprises, Government Organizations, NPOs and NGOs around the globe to extract meaning from big data. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who drives on enabling automation and has the mindset of a troubleshooter, ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of staging, demo and productions systems.
Semantic Web Company values loyalty, intelligence and innovation and rewards strong performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer great work-life balance and a culture that is cutting-edge, collaborative and fun. If you are interested in making an immediate impact on a growing company, we invite you to apply today.
What We Offer:
- Exciting and challenging development activities around our PoolParty product suite
- Tools for building a holistic system for continuous integration with the freedom of choosing the own favourite technology stack
- An innovative product with technologies such as graph databases, search services and machine learning
- A well-paid and challenging position with interesting development opportunities
- A collegial, professional and agile product development team with flat hierarchies in an attractive office
- Manage the continuous integration environment to improve the quality of the PoolParty product suite
- Speed up product development by automation and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Define, implement and maintain the applications configuration using the methods and tools provided by a technology stack based on Web technologies, Java, and Spring
- Work closely with developers, testers and the support team to improve the internal processes and solutions
- Provide 3rd level support for the maintained application infrastructure and maintain infrastructure as code
- You support different departments with your troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- You evaluate new technology options and vendor products for tools needed in automatising tasks
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Sound knowledge in writing scripts, e.g, Groovy, Bash, or Shell scripts
- Basic skills in a higher programming language, e.g., Java or C#
- Good understanding of UNIX and Windows environments
- An inquiring mind to find solutions for technical problems
- Skills in Spring, service-oriented architectures, and Docker would be an advantage
The salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is between EUR 40.000 p.a. and 50.000 p.a. depending on education, skills and work experience.
Send your full application to:
What Do Our Colleagues Think about Working at Semantic Web Company?
„I am supporting our clients and partners to enable semantic technologies for their use cases. One needs excellent communication skills and a good understanding of the technical field to successfully create client tailored solutions and enable the customers to work independently through effective knowledge transfer.“
„Before I joined the company, I was working at a bioinformatics research institute in Spain. Now I work at the intersection of science & industry. Over the years, the customer demand for text mining applications grew exponentially, and so did the entity extraction component of PoolParty. It’s very rewarding to see one’s own work transform into a product that has so much potential for the future.“