Head of System Operations (m/f/d)
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
Since our Cloud Hosting is continually growing, we need this role to ensure a reliable infrastructure in regards to availability, stability, and security. This is achieved by monitoring, automating, and steadily improving our infrastructure, which consists of a hybrid (cloud/on-prem) hosting environment.
The person in this role is responsible for building, maintaining and continuously improving, and automating infrastructure for our product, in order to achieve a resilient, stable, and reliable infrastructure for our product.
Main responsibilities are consisted of:
- Ensure the sustainable development of the infrastructure and information security in the company
- Guarantee efficient, uninterrupted and secure operation of the company’s technical infrastructure
- Establish processes, policies and practices for the professional services department to ensure consistent, sustainable, efficient and effective execution of the tasks the department is responsible for
- Support the development of processes involving the infrastructure and information security department
- Observe the execution of processes in the infrastructure and information security department
- On-call service during weekends
- At least 3 years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, Information Security Officer or similar role
- Leadership experience
- Deep knowledge about Cloud and Datacenter architectures
- Familiarity with Linux & Bash Skills (RHEL in particular), IT Security Solutions and the ISO27000 framework
- Knowledge in project management and requirements engineering
- Strong problem solving skills
What we offer:
- Captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- Attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- Exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Being part of a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- Good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 55.000,– p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!
If interested, please send your full application to:
Semantic Web Company
c/o Nadja Prötsch