Head of Software Engineering (m/f/d)
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organisations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Software Engineering is leading the product development, taking care of PoolParty operations management and is responsible for managing the team members regarding organisational aspects and competencies.
- Take care of PoolParty product operations management
- Manage the organisational aspects of the software engineering department
- Make and further drive the technical decision for the product (together with CTO)
- Be a partner to CTO, suggest improvements to the processes, technologies, and tools and discuss that with CTO
- Represent the department and members towards management in the line hierarchy
- Build and manage relationships with other departments
- Establish cross-functional feature teams
- Manage and support scrum teams regarding self-organisation and cross-functionality together with the Scrum Master
- Make sure the strategic goals of the company are taken into account in planning
- Plan resources for product development regarding identification of possible bottlenecks and recruit new development team members
- Manage the budget of the department
Maintain key results as part of the OKR system
- Completed university studies in IT or adequate practical experience
- Proven Leadership Experience
- Solid understanding of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes and testing
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies, graph databases, triple stores (e.g. GraphDB) and/or search index stores (Elasticsearch, Solr) is an advantage
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g Jenkins) is a plus
- Willingness to educate yourself about Semantic Web and Linked Data
- Analytical thinking, teamwork and communication skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Big picture thinking
- Valid residence and work permit for Austria
What we offer:
- Captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of Semantic technologies and Artificial Intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- Attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- Exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Being part of a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- Good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 63.000 p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!