PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
A Financial Assistant at SWC supports the overall financial planning and monitoring process of the company. Takes care about & has responsibility for the financial controlling and -monitoring process (income / expenses) and supports the sales & marketing departments in regards of CRM issues, controlling mechanisms and reports. Furthermore this position supports financial matters like financial audits or due diligence processes, and takes care of project accounting of research & innovation projects of the company. Thereby this role is crucial for the company in regards of sustainable business development and growth. Financial Assistant is part of the business administration and finance team at SWC and reports directly to the CFO.
Main responsibilities are:
- Continuous financial controlling / monitoring / analysis (analysis on: finances, revenues, customers, products, etc.)
- Support of other financial analysis, audits and due diligence processes
- Support of CRM management (Customer Relationship Management) with main focus on data quality and reports
- Preparation of project accounting for research & innovation projects
- Member of CRM Task Force
- Development of guidelines and policies
- Company organisation in regards of insurances, trademarks
- Vendor On-boarding (for new customers)
- University degree in business and economics (with specialisation in finance/controlling) OR equivalent education and longer work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the job (controlling and financial analysis & reporting)
- Experience in (establishing) cost accounting is an advantage
- Software industry experience is an advantage
- Certificates in business administration / controlling / MS office are an advantage
- Excellent German and English language skills (the company language is English)
- Advanced MS Office (mainly Excel and MS Word) skills
- CRM skills (Sugar CRM know-how is seen as an advantage but is no pre-requisite)
- Strong organisational skills, self-motivated, ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes
- Strong business and strategic thinking
- High precision in work (with numbers)
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial, and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
According to the collective agreement, minimum gross salary offered is EUR 38,500.00 p.a. – overpayment is possible depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!