ESG Solution Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for an ESG Solution Engineer (ESG: Environment-Social-Governance) to join our passionate team in Vienna, Austria. At Semantic Web Company (SWC) you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds and talents.
SWC is a leading provider of graph-based knowledge technologies. Its flagship product, the PoolParty Semantic Suite, is the most complete semantic middleware on the market comprising taxonomy, auto classification, text mining, semantic search, recommender systems, and knowledge graph solutions. SWC supports over 180 organizations, including over 50 Forbes Global 2000 companies, and has been a pioneer in the field of Semantic AI for over 15 years.
SWC is developing a business unit around the ESG (Environmental Social Governance) domain that will develop solutions on top of the PoolParty Semantic suite for this domain together with customers and partners. If you are interested in being part of developing new business opportunities and working in a close-knit, dynamic environment, SWC might be the right fit for you.
About the Role
You will work in SWC’s new ESG business unit and provide ESG specific consulting and support in international research projects and customer projects. Your team will develop this new business unit and solutions around it. You will work directly with project partners and with ESG customers and will support related presales activities to convert prospects into customers, supported by our customer success teams (CSTs) and also the marketing department to strengthen and further position this offering on the global market. In this position you will have many opportunities and directions to develop your career.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Analyse, validate and understand business challenges and issues faced by the customer and by project partners around ESG.
- Design business and technical solutions based on the specific business and technical requirements of the customer.
- Define and implement solution prototypes and pilots, then manage those pilot projects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with your team members to facilitate the sales process as well as customer acquisition, and manage the handover to CSTs for onboarding and enablement.
- Run internal and external meetings and workshops to collect input, discuss requirements, report progress made and present outcomes.
- Develop knowledge graphs and data processing workflows based on our product family around ESG.
- Experience working in international research projects
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- 2 years’ plus experience in solution development and system architecture design, ideally related to the Semantic Web technology stack
- Knowledge and experience in requirements engineering, ability to interpret business problems into technical requirements
- Know-how and experience with data modelling and data engineering
- An inquiring mind, intense curiosity, interdisciplinary awareness as well as a strong desire to innovate in/contribute to the areas of ESG, Semantic Web, Linked Data and Knowledge Graph Systems
Other qualifications and experiences (nice to have):
- Business proficiency in English, German is a plus.
- Master or PhD degree related to Computer Science or Information Science or similar.
- Knowledge around the ESG domain is an advantage, interest is a must have!
- Experience in knowledge management, text mining and natural language processing (NLP) as well as in agile process frameworks like Kanban and Scrum.
- Project management experience is an advantage.
What We Offer:
- A friendly and professional working environment in a rapidly-expanding tech and AI company
- A workplace in an organisation that is committed to sustainability and responsible business practices (ESG)
- An attractive office with a library, small gym, showers, and relaxation zone that is based in the heart of Vienna, Austria (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’). Located on the popular Mariahilfer Strasse, our office is easy to reach with public transportation and is busy with shopping and food options
- An international workspace where more than 65% of colleagues come from across the globe. English is the main working language in the company
- Invitation to company-sponsored social activities and additional team building activities throughout the year
- Career development path, through: paid internal & external trainings on an individual and team level, hands-on experience, time for innovation, and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week and flexible working hours
- And of course, we offer free tea, coffee, fruit, and snacks
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 53.900.- p.a. – an overpayment is possible, depending on education, skills, and work experience.
We would love to have you on our team!
Semantic Web Company welcomes applicants of all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, disability, and other statuses. Our company culture as well as policies enforced by our active Diversity Equity & Inclusion Group work towards ensuring we have an inclusive workplace.