PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
- Manage the continuous integration environment to improve the quality and security of the PoolParty product suite
- Speed up product development by automation and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Define, implement and maintain the applications configuration using the methods and tools provided by a technology stack based on Web technologies, Java, and Spring
- Work closely with developers, QA engineers, customer support team and information security department to improve the internal processes and solutions
- Provide 3rd level support for the maintained application infrastructure and maintain infrastructure as code
- You support different departments with your troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- You evaluate new technology options and vendor products for tools needed in automatising tasks and improving security
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) and application security
- Sound knowledge in writing scripts, e.g, Groovy, Bash, or Shell scripts
- Ability to review and analyse vulnerability reports
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks and standards
- Basic skills in a higher programming language, e.g., Java or C#
- Good understanding of UNIX and Windows environments
- Interest in Semantic Web technologies (graph databases, RDF)
- Skills in Spring, service-oriented architectures, and Docker would be an advantage
- An inquiring mind to find solutions for technical problems
- Big picture thinking
- Clear and concise communication
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning
- Open mindedness and empathy
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 46.000 p.a. – an overpayment is possible, depending on education, skills and work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!