System Engineer (m/f/d)
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) has headquarters in Vienna, Austria in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC’s renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you’ll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
DevOps manages the continuous integration environment to improve the quality of the PoolParty product suite. Supports the scrum team in speeding up product development by automation and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Manage the continuous integration environment to improve the quality of the PoolParty product suite
- Speed up product development by automation and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Define, implement and maintain the applications configuration using the methods and tools provided by a technology stack based on Web technologies, Java, and Spring
- Work closely with scrum team to improve the internal processes and solutions
- Provide 3rd level support for the maintained application infrastructure and maintain infrastructure as code
- Continuous and integration and deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Scripting languages (Groovy, Bash or shell script)
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments
- Code version control (Bitbucket, Github), Java Build tools (Maven)
- Cloud service providers (AWS, Azure etc)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Sound knowledge in writing scripts, e.g, Groovy, Bash, or Shell scripts
- Knowledgeable in Spring, service-oriented architectures, and Docker
- Big picture thinking
- Ability and willingness to collaborate
- Clear and concise communication
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning
- Open mindedness and empathy
- Ability to adapt
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna (“the most liveable city in the world” according to ‘The Economist’), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea…
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 48.000,– p.a. – an overpayment is possible, depending on education, skills and work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!