Data & Knowledge Engineer
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute as a development talent to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC's renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you'll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
- Requirements engineering for customer projects
- Developing projects based on knowledge graphs & machine learning together with customers
- Data and knowledge engineering mainly based on our core product PoolParty Semantic Suite
- Conceptual assistance to the product development team
- Supporting the R&D efforts of the Semantic Web Company
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the fascinating fields of Semantic Technologies and Artificial Intelligence
- Scope for growth and the possibility to gain knowledge through specialized training and work experience by means of a successful, well-structured training phase
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere in an attractive office in "the most liveable city in the world" (based on 'The Economist'), centrally located in the heart of Vienna and extremely easy to reach by public transport
- An exciting position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company with a flat hierarchy and a staff comprising more than 27 nationalities where English is the main working language
- A challenging but rewarding position with interesting training & development opportunities
- A good work-life-balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as fresh fruit, coffee, tea and drinking water for free
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Profound expertise with some knowledge technologies like knowledge graphs, graph databases, text mining, NLP, ontology engineering, machine learning etc.
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Exacting attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An inquiring mind, intense curiosity, interdisciplinary understanding and strong desire to innovate in the areas of Linked Data and Semantic Systems
- Minimum a Bachelor degree related to computer science or information science
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in written and spoken German is an advantage
- Knowledge in agile process frameworks like Kanban and Scrum is an advantage
- Communication skills as well as experience in project management and requirements engineering
- Able to travel occasionally in US and Europe, if required
The minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 42.000 p.a. - an overpayment is possible, depending on education, skills and work experience.
Send your full application to:
Semantic Web Company
c/o Iva Bosanac Hoblaj
Tel.: +43 1 4021235
Fax: +43 1 4021235 22
We look forward to hearing from you!
What Do Our Colleagues Think about Working at Semantic Web Company?
„Understanding the customers´ needs and challenges is what is most important. Learn by opening your eyes and be curious. Never get tired of finding out how things work. That is the main credo of the company. Being part of Semantics AI is a cool thing and people here love to share their ideas about this topic. It is a different world you enter but a great one.“
„Before I joined the company, I was working at a bioinformatics research institute in Spain. Now I work at the intersection of science & industry. Over the years, the customer demand for text mining applications grew exponentially, and so did the entity extraction component of PoolParty. It’s very rewarding to see one’s own work transform into a product that has so much potential for the future.“