Data Engineer - Data Science & Linked Data (Artificial Intelligence solution) (m/f)
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute as marketing talent to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC‘s renowned PoolParty Semantic Suite Software Platform is used in large enterprises, Government Organizations, NPOs and NGOs around the globe to extract meaning from big data.
We are looking for a technical consultant working at the interface between customer projects and product development. Expertise in some of the following areas is required: data science, data mining, text mining, NLP, knowledge engineering, taxonomy management, semantic web, semantic search, computer linguistics and/or linked data. Our consultants are an integral part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary, output-focussed team of semantic technology experts.
Semantic Web Company values loyalty, intelligence and innovation and rewards strong performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer great work-life balance and a culture that is cutting-edge, collaborative and fun. If you are interested in making an immediate impact in a growing company, we invite you to apply today.
- Requirements engineering for customer projects
- Developing projects based on data science / linked data / text mining together with customers
- Data and knowledge engineering mainly based on our core product PoolParty Semantic Suite
- Conceptual assistance to the product development team
- Supporting the R&D efforts of the Semantic Web Company
- Ownership of challenges
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fascinating working environment in the fields of Semantics and Artificial Intelligence
- The possibility to improve knowledge through special trainings and working experience. We guide you safe and secure through your learning phase
- An appreciating, collegial and professional working atmosphere in an attractive office in the most livable City of the world, centrally located and easy to reach
- An exciting position in an agile and diverse company with flat hierarchies and employees of more than 27 nations, English is daily working language
- Profound expertise with some knowledge technologies like graph databases, text mining, NLP, ontology engineering, machine learning etc.
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Exacting attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An inquiring mind, intense curiosity, interdisciplinary understanding and strong desire to innovate in the areas of Linked Data and Semantic Systems
- A Master degree related to computer science or information science or equivalent and min 2+ years of working experience
- Excellent skills in written and spoken German and English.
- Communication skills as well as experience in project management and requirements engineering
- Able to travel occasionally in US and Europe, if required
The salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is between EUR 40.000 p.a. and 50.000 p.a. depending on education, skills and work experience.
Send your full application to:
Semantic Web Company
c/o Gudrun Weinberger
What Do Our Colleagues Think about Working at Semantic Web Company?
„I am supporting our clients and partners to enable semantic technologies for their use cases. One needs excellent communication skills and a good understanding of the technical field to successfully create client tailored solutions and enable the customers to work independently through effective knowledge transfer.“
„Before I joined the company, I was working at a bioinformatics research institute in Spain. Now I work at the intersection of science & industry. Over the years, the customer demand for text mining applications grew exponentially, and so did the entity extraction component of PoolParty. It’s very rewarding to see one’s own work transform into a product that has so much potential for the future.“