Business Development & Sales Representative / Germany and Switzerland
PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute as a development talent to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC's renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organizations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you'll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Taking over sales activities including product presentations, handling RFXs, developing business solutions etc.
- Leverage the marketing operations for the target market in collaboration with marketing
- Liaison to prospects and customers in the target market
- Develop the partner network for solution selling
- Drive technical and business related aspects in customer projects
- Perform customer projects together with the Customer Success Teams in the headquarter
- Collaborate with information professionals in order to initiate customer projects
- Conceptual input to the product development team and business development team
- Masters degree in either computer science, information science or business administration, or equivalent experience on the job
- Experience in the software industry in target market
- 5+ years of working experience
- Expertise in knowledge management technologies, such as graph databases, text mining, ontology engineering, machine learning, etc, is an asset.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken German and English; additional languages are an asset
- Strong feeling of ownership over the work/tasks
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and sell complex information management systems
- Experience in project management (requirements engineering would be a benefit)
- An existing professional network in the target sectors is an asset
What We Offer:
- A fascinating working environment in the fields of Semantics and Artificial Intelligence
- The possibility to improve knowledge through special trainings and working experience. We guide you safe and secure through your learning phase
- An appreciating, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An exciting position in an agile and diverse company with flat hierarchies and employees of more than 27 nations, English is daily working language
- A challenging position with interesting training & development opportunities
- A good work-life-balance with the possibility to work-from-home and flexible working hours
Place of work:
- Flexible within Germany
- Willingness to travel in the target market area