Together with REEEP (Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership) the Semantic Web Company (SWC) has composed a fundamental publication on the topic of Linked Open Data.
Linked Open Data: The Essentials provides answers to the following key questions:
- What do the terms Open Data, Open Government Data and Linked Open Data actually mean, and what are the differences between them?
- What do I need to take into account in developing a LOD strategy?
- What does my organisation need to do technically in order to open up and publish its datasets?
- How can I make sure the data is accessible and digestible for others?
- How can I add value to my own data sets by consuming LOD from others?
- What can be learned existing best practices?
- What are the key potentials of sharing and consuming open datasets?
Read more about this publication and find out how to obtain a copy.